The North Iowa Eye Clinic was founded in the 1920's by Dr. Steve O'Brien and continues to be this area's most advanced diagnostic and surgical eye clinic. He was joined in the 1950's by Dr. Harry Alcorn, who continued his practice with the clinic until his retirement in the mid 1980's. The clinic experienced further growth with the inclusion to its staff in the 1970's, of Dr. Addison Brown, deceased, and Dr. Michael Long, now retired. Dr. James Dummett joined the clinic in 1991 and retired in 2010.
Over the past 25 years, the clinic has continued to expand and has welcomed to its staff, Dr. Bradley Isaak, Dr. Randall Brenton, Dr. Mark Meyer, Dr. Brandt Riley, Dr. Melissa Summerfield, Dr. Kent Juffer, and Dr. Vonda Capper. Throughout the years, procedures and equipment have undergone dramatic changes and will continue to change as technological advances become available. However, one area remains the same: our desire to ensure that our patients receive the best possible care.
Currently the clinic has 5 board certified surgical ophthalmologists and 2 therapeutically certified optometrists on its staff, along with 30 employees, many of whom are certified ophthalmic or optometric assistants.